Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) U.S. Army Petroleum Laboratory (USAPL) (CCDC USAPL) is a separate sister organization of the USAPC.CCDC USAPL has the capabilities and expertise to conduct every quality and performance related test on all DoD owned fuels, IAW American Standard Test Method (ASTM). We are also the only Army laboratory presently certified by the DOD Shelf-Life Program to extend the life of packaged petroleum products and we are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited.
CCDC USAPL is the U.S. Army’s primary processing agency for fuel samples.
Provide efficient quality surveillance of U.S. Government owned petroleum products worldwide. Provide quality customer support to all our customers.
Continue to be the premier provider of petroleum surveillance testing while adapting to a dynamic technological environment.
USAPL’s core responsibilities include:
- Fuels Testing (F-24, JP8, Diesel, Burner Oils, Gasoline, AV Gas, Biodiesels, E85, Filter Effectiveness Testing (Monitors)
- Packaged Products/Chemicals Testing (Antifreezes - Majority Recycled, Lubricating Oils, Hydraulic Fluids, Gear Oils, Damping Fluids, Greases, and Chemicals.)
- No-Cost fuel testing to Army customers
- No-Cost Shelf-Life testing for all DOD customers
- Cost Avoidance/Savings Thru Recycle, Reclaim, and Shelf-Life Extension
- Army Fuels Lab with Capability to test Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD)
- Coal testing
Laboratory Chief: Ms. Pauline Kline
Phone Number: 717-770-6511